Melin Brand teamed up with Ken Block the mad man responsible for another ground breaking, action packed Gymkhana. The 8th video series is out of warm Los Angeles for a trip around the world to the even hotter Dubai while inside his all new Ford Fiesta. The Official Gymkhana 8 collaboration hat features many just like his car with a list of details.
Like the custom Fiesta, we designed a embossed silky suede undervisor with elements of the paint job to give it a unique look like no other hat. What lays inside the hat is our performance moisture wicking lining and signature hidden interior “besom” stash pocket.
We started with, luxury hand selected cashmere wool panels and a extremely silky suede top visor. Mounted front and center is a custom shiny white Hoonigan front and side logo trims.
100% redesigned Thermo-Flex-Snapback with proprietary rubberized compound material coupled with a custom 3-D mold, resulting in the most comfortable, flexible snapback on the market.
- Cashmere wool panels
- Silky suede top visor
- Shiny white Hoonigan front and side logo trims
- Custom embossed silky suede undervisor
- Performance moisture wicking lining
- Liqui-phobic visor core
- Hidden interior “besom” stash pocket
- Signature white metal seal with white enamel
- Custom molded rubberized snapback & undervisor seal
- Melin brand damask woven taping & label
- Custom molded matte black eyelets
- Custom eva travel box
He not only started Hoonigan, he defines it. Known best for his antics behind the wheel, Block entered the world of motorsport in 2005 looking to achieve his personal dream of racing in rally—and achieve, he did. From the national level to the World Rally Championship, Block has now done it all in rally.
But what makes this Hoonigan stand out from the rest of the pack is his flat-out, usually sideways, bat-shit driving style. His wildly successful Gymkhana videos display this best and, subsequently, are the largest viral-video project in the automotive space, having garnered more than 160 million views in total and counting.
Before Block broke the Internets with his penchant for tire slaying, he cofounded and ran DC Shoes, one of the largest action-sports apparel companies. Today he continues to hoon… Every. Damn. Day.
RX42 FORD FIESTA SPECS
- Power: 600 hp / Torque: 650 NM ft·lb. Capable of 0-60 mph/under 2 seconds.
- Body: 2015 Ford Fiesta ST RX43, seam welded and reinforced. M-Sport designed, homologated FIA-spec roll cage. Custom body design by M-Sport, UK. Bespoke underbody protection.
- Engine: Pipo designed 2000cc 4 cylinder, Garrett Turbocharged.
- Transmission: Sadev 6-Speed Sequential along with Sadev rear diff and centre diff release unit.
- Suspension: Reiger.
- Brakes: Brembo.
- Interior: Recaro seats, Cosworth, engine management and data logging.
- Wheels: fifteen52 18x8 Turbomacs.
- Tires: Toyo Proxes R1R.